Teachers - Remote Learning Support Centre
Approximate Term: November 2020 to June, 2021
St. James-Assiniboia School Division, in partnership with Manitoba Education and school divisions from across the province, is hiring teachers who will work as part of the remote learning support centre.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Consultants on the implementation and delivery of remote teaching and assessment practice (including online and print-based),
- Create and provide cross-curricular student assignments and independent work tasks that incorporate the learning outcomes in various curricular areas,
- Create print material and learning resources to support lesson delivery,
- Work as part of a team to provide instruction to students in online learning platforms through direct teaching,
- Differentiate instruction based on student’s prior learning, needs and interests,
- Assess, monitor and report on student progress based on learning outcomes,
- Collaborate and communicate with parents to facilitate continued student growth and monitor engagement in learning instruction delivery, and
- Create and maintain a safe, caring and effective learning environment setting high expectations for student learning.
- MB Teaching Certificate,
- Strong knowledge of current pedagogies and curriculums in a range of grades and curricular areas;
- Capable of leveraging digital for student success, demonstrated technical aptitude and specific knowledge of Google, Microsoft Teams and Seesaw as remote learning platforms, and
- The ability to speak French and/or other languages would be considered an asset.
Application must be made via the form below no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Please do not apply multiple times. Thank you.