The Spiritual Care Association's 11th Annual Caring for the Human Spirit Conference and the International Westberg Symposium are being held virtually April 15 & 16, 2024.
If you are interested in presenting a 90-minute workshop virtually (using Zoom), please complete this form.
We invite researchers, chaplains, nurses, social workers, physicians, patient experience officers, and others to apply and present on best practices, latest research, or other topics to a diverse audience of healthcare professionals.
Submissions with the following will be given preference:
- Positive aspects of addressing diversity related to spiritual care that encourages acceptance and mutual support through interprofessional relationships
- Research and practical ideas for providing spiritual care as a team (nurses, chaplains, and other disciplines)
- Development of communication avenues to increase understanding, support, and teamwork
- Self-care related to relationships and communications with self, others, and the divine personally and professionally
- Original research in spiritual care led by Chaplains or Nurses
We strive to maintain an inclusive atmosphere where all are respected as unique individuals from a wide variety of religions, cultures, races, and spiritual care perspectives. Our international audience of chaplains, nurses, social workers, clergy, and other professionals is personally and professionally diverse and represents both hospital and community-based practice. Please customize your presentation to be respectful and inclusive for all.
Deadline to Submit: Friday, June 23, 2023. Submissions after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
No proposal will be considered unless submission forms are complete.
Selected proposals will be announced by August 11, 2023.