CRIME VICTIM NOTIFICATION REQUEST FORM
The defendant in the case, in which you are listed as the victim, has been placed on probation through Intervention.
Section 24-4.1-302.5 Rights Afforded to Victims. As a result of the Crime Victim Rights Amendment to the Colorado Constitution, victims have the right to be notified of certain changes in the status of offenders. However, only victims who request notified will receive information. If you would like to receive future information, please complete this form and return it to the address listed below. By completing and submitting this form, you are requesting such notification for offenders placed on probation supervision. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact Intervention. To ensure that we can continue to keep you informed, it is your responsibility to notify the Intervention Case Manager/Victim Services Specialist of any changes in your contact information.
The Critical Stages Events you have a right to be notified about are:
- Any change or Court ordered modification of the defendant’s original terms and conditions of probation;
- The location and telephone number of the probation department supervising the defendant;
- The date of the offender’s termination of probation supervision;
- Any release of the person in advance of the originally imposed sentence or period of probation;
- Any filing of probation revocation or modification hearing regarding the person and any changes in the scheduling of the hearings;
- Any change of venue, jurisdiction or transfer of the offender’s probation supervision from one jurisdiction to another;
- Any complaint, summons or warrant filed by the probation department for failure to report to probation or because the location of a person convicted of a crime is unknown;
- In domestic violence cases only, any conduct resulting in an increase of the probation supervision level;
- Any petition by a sex offender to terminate sex offender registration and
- The death of the offender while under jurisdiction of the probation department.