2020 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
By endorsing and supporting quality education, the Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California Affiliate (AWM SoCal), wishes to guarantee the future quality of media in Southern California. Toward that goal, AWM SoCal has established a scholarship fund to aid in the higher education of promising students.
This complements the AWM mission: to advance the impact of women in media by educating and acting as a resource to our members, the industry and our community. AWM SoCal is dedicated to empowering career development and driving positive change for our industry and societal progress.
The AWM SoCal Scholarship Program will distribute two (2) $500 scholarships. Awards will be announced in July of 2020. Women AND men are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• A student attending a Southern California (Ventura, Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties) accredited four-year college as a junior, senior, or graduate student.
• Enrolled in media courses or related curriculum.
• Enrolled in at least 6 semester units for Spring 2020.
Note: Previous AWM SoCal scholarship winners are ineligible to apply.
Judges will consider each applicant’s depth of thought, clarity of expression and commitment to media as a primary future career. Academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and community involvement will also be considered. Work or internship experience in a media-related field is also important.
Lastly, two letters of recommendation from a college professor, counselor, and/or industry professional will be taken into consideration.
How To Apply:
1. Complete the online application form below.
2. Upload your official transcript.
3. Upload two reference letters. One must be from a faculty member and the other can be from a counselor, teacher, employer, and/or industry professionals who knows you.
The application – including the supporting material -- must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2020.
The AWM SoCal Scholarship committee will review the applications and select the winners. Winners will be contacted in July. Questions? Questions, contact AWMSoCal@gmail.com.