1) Discipline. Sipnayan Math Center uses a consistent, positive approach including redirection, diversion and separation, always promoting self-discipline. Parents will be notified if there is a consistent behavior problem. Parents may set up a meeting with the program coordinator/site coordinator to discuss individual needs and concerns.
a) Should inappropriate behavior occur, the concern will be discussed with the students, and a written warning will be given.
b) Should inappropriate behavior continues, a second warning will be given and the parents will be notified.
c) Should inappropriate behavior still continues, a third warning will be given, and the student will be suspended for 3 days.
d) Continued behavior problems may result in permanent dismissal.
2) Consequence of Fighting and Threats to Safety. It is our top priority to maintain the safety of our students and staff at all times. Students who are involved in fighting that results to physical injury, and other behavior that threatens the safety of other children and staff at the center or on the buses, will automatically be removed from the location and will have a 5-day automatic suspension. Parents or any authorized adult need to pick up the student within 30 minutes of notification.
3) Regular Attendance Policy. As in a regular school system, your child’s regular attendance to the program is a must to demonstrate academic progress or maintain academic success. Any student who have missed more than 30% of the monthly program days will receive attendance warning noted on the month's attendance update.
4) Child Pick-Up and Drop-Off. Students must sign in upon arrival at the program after an official school activity. Parents dropping off a student must sign in the student. Parents/authorized adult picking up a student must physically sign out the student. Staff will ask for picture ID of anyone they do not know. Individuals not listed as authorized to pick up will not be allowed to check out a child.
5) Attendance and Late Pick-Up. For the safety of the child, parents must notify staff if their child will be late or absent. If the child is registered to come and does not appear, we will call the parent and/or emergency contact numbers to locate the child.
6) Illness. It is in the best interest of your child and the other children if you keep your child at home when he or she is ill. Students with fever, diarrhea, or vomiting will not be admitted to the program. If a student becomes ill while at the program, the parent will be called immediately to pick up the child. Parents will be notified regarding contagious illnesses. Children will be readmitted when they are no longer contagious.
7) Medication. In accordance with state law, we will not dispense any medication to any child without advance written consent from the parent or guardian. Prescription medication may be given only to the child for whom it is prescribed. Over the counter medication must have the child’s name clearly printed on the container. The parent must complete a “Parent Permission to Administer Medication” form, and give the form and the medication directly to the director in charge. All medication must be in its original container. If these steps are not completed, medication will not be administered. Students who are required to take medication during program hours must have a written consent from the parent and the doctor administering the medication. Forms for this purpose are available from the director. All medication must be in its original container with an accurate pharmacy label intact.
8) Cellphone. As a 21st Century Community Learning Center, Sipnayan allows students to bring their cellphone to the center. On the other hand, students may only use their phone during snack time and whenever needed for classroom instruction. Students with cellphones may not take pictures or videos of other students in the program. Students are not allowed to share their cell phone or its content to another student of the program. A student's cellphone may be confiscated and returned at the end of the day. Repeated violation may result in suspension.
9) Costs. The Sipnayan-21st CCLC Afterschool program is free of charge. This includes free transportation to students who live within Wilson County and free snacks during the program.
10) Parent Involvement. Parent involvement is one of the crucial involvement in the success of the afterschool program and the success of the child in the regular school setting. Parents are expected to provide contact information and have an open line of communication with the staff of Sipnayan Math Center. Parents may be contacted through the Remind101 app, email, phone or by person. The center requires the parents to attend and participate in all of the center’s activity in which parents are invited, i.e., parent workshops, culminating activities. Students whose parents do not participate will have the least priority for re-enrollment.