SERVICE RULES AND REGULATIONS
*Updated September 2018*
1. Our Building Services Department will review your order form and upon acceptance, will send you an invoice to complete payment. In order to receive the advanced, discounted rates listed above, all orders must be placed and paid no later than seven business days prior to event move-in date. Any orders placed after this date must be placed by calling our Service Desk directly at (843) 529-5026.
2. THERE WILL BE NO RESALE OR SHARING OF ANY SERVICES PURCHASED.
3. All order form information must be completed in full for the order to be processed. Incomplete order forms could result in processing and service installation delays.
4. CREDIT WILL NOT BE GIVEN FOR SERVICE INSTALLED AND NOT USED. Notice of cancellations must be received one weke prior to move in date or a 50% cancellation fee will be in effect.
5. Rates quoted for all connections cover only the installation of the service to the booth in the most convenient manner as determined by the Charleston Area Convention Center (CACC) and DO NOT include connecting equipment to provided services. Special placement or relocation of service will result in a pre-paid labor charge.
6. All materials and equipment furnished by or rented from the CACC shall remain within the Facilities and shall not be removed.
7. Under NO circumstances shall anyone other than the CACC Technical Personnel open any floor box or make any modifications or alterations to any equipment or materials furnished by the CACC.
8. OBSTRUCTIONS BLOCKING UTILITY FLOOR BOXES ARE SUBJECT TO RELOCATION AS NECESSARY. Unless otherwise directed, CACC personnel are authorized to cut floor coverings to permit installation of service.
9. Claims will not be considered unless filed in writing prior to close of the show.
10. Prices are subject to change without notice.
ELECTRICAL— SERVICE INSTALLATION AND EQUIPMENT
1. CACC reserves the right to refuse connection to any exhibitor whose equipment is deemed unsafe by the CACC Electrical Supervisor.
2. All equipment, regardless of source of power, must comply with the National Electrical Code, all Federal, State and Local Safety Codes.
3. Use of open clip sockets, latex or lamp cord wire, unapproved duplex or triplex attachment plugs in exhibits is prohibited.
4. Wall, column and permanent building utility outlets are not a part of booth space and are not to be used by exhibitors unless specified otherwise.
5. Under NO circumstances shall anyone other than the “House Electrician” make electrical connections to house equipment.
6. Special equipment requiring company engineers or technicians for assembly, servicing, preparatory work and operation may be executed without the “House Electrician”, however, all service connections and overload protection to such equipment must be made by the “House Electrician” only.
7. All equipment must be properly tagged or marked with complete information as to the type and/or amount of current, voltage, phase, frequency, horsepower, etc. required.
8. All exhibitors’ 120v cords must be of the 3 wire, grounded type. All exposed non-current carrying metal parts of fixed equipment, which are liable to be energized, shall be grounded.
9. All electrical services are to be billed to the next greatest wattage for the load connection; i.e. 15amp 208v single phase = 20amp 208v single phase.
10. Power needed to assemble and disassemble your exhibit must be purchased.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS — SERVICE INSTALLATION AND EQUIPMENT
1. The exhibitor is responsible for ALL telephone calls charged to their line(s).
2. Long Distance calls, Directory Assistance calls and other services will be billed at the rate of $.25/min. Long Distance calls are billed on a PER MINUTE basis. Directory Assistance calls are billed on a PER CALL basis.
3. All telephones within CACC are restricted from dialing 976 and 900 numbers. All are allowed 911 calls.
4. The exhibitor will be responsible for all telephone equipment / materials while in their possession. Equipment and Materials must be picked up and returned by exhibitor at the Service Desk. EQUIPMENT NOT RETURNED, OR DAMAGED WHILE IN THE POSSESSION OF EXHIBITOR, WILL RESULT IN A REPAIR / REPLACEMENT CHARGE TO BE BILLED AS FOLLOWS: Single Line Sets - $ 50.00 / Multi-Line Sets - $ 500.00
5. All equipment provided by exhibitor must be Touch Tone capable and meet F.C.C. Regulations. The CACC assumes no responsibility for any equipment or material provided by the exhibitor.
6. We do not guarantee higher transmission speeds unless the Premium Internet Connection is purchased.
7. All wireless connections must be approved or purchased through CACC. All suggested device amounts are based on basic internet usage such as browsing the web or checking email. Streaming videos or music will cause slower connection speeds.
8. Premium Service is sold in Mb increments and bandwidth is determined based on intended use and amount of users. It is delivered via a single 100baseT Ethernet cable or wireless. Servers are allowed (excluding wireless). 9. For multiple Internet connections, please contact the Telecommunications department at 843-529-5038.
10. Computers that are in a different area than that of the server will be patched using the CACC infrastructure, at a cost of $20.00 per port.
PLUMBING — SERVICE INSTALLATION AND EQUIPMENT
1. CACC reserves the right to refuse connection to any exhibitor whose equipment is deemed unsafe by the CACC Plumbing Supervisor.
2. Compressed air will be turned on 1 hour prior to show opening and turned off at show closing time daily.
3. If air and water pressures are critical, it is recommended that the exhibitor supply a pressure regulator. The CACC cannot guarantee minimum and maximum pressure.
4. All equipment must comply with the Southern Building Code, all Federal, State and Local Safety Codes.
5. Compressed Air: 20 CFM, 115-120lbs. / Exhibitor must provide regulator, filter/dryer, and connection to ½” male NPT.
6. Water: Minimum pressure 45psi / Exhibitor must provide connection to ¾” hose bib connection in back of booth.
RIGGING — SERVICE INSTALLATION AND EQUIPMENT
1. Date of installation and removal may vary depending on the quantity of orders received and how many move-in days the event may have.
2. Assembly of item(s) is not performed by CACC personnel, and must be completed before item will be suspended.
3. Please attach any blueprints, booth diagrams, sketches, or drawings that may help us understand your needs. If you have any special requirements, contact Building Services at (843) 529-5026.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.CHARLESTONCONVENTIONCENTER.COM