Women in Nuclear Canada invites you to join us for our 15th Annual National Conference, hosted by Women in Mining and Women in Nuclear Saskatchewan Inc. (WIM/WiN-SK). This is the first time the conference will be held outside of Eastern Canada, and we look forward to welcoming WIM/WiN-SK members to this joint conference.
We are pleased to announce that the theme of the conference is “Change Starts with U”, and will focus on the full nuclear cycle, from the mining of uranium to the disposal of nuclear waste, along with how women can make positive changes in their workplaces and communities.
The program for this year’s conference will include dynamic keynote speakers, relevant breakout sessions, and networking opportunities. Our Keynote Speaker is renowned nuclear advocate Michael Shellenberger!
Here are some highlights from the preliminary program:
- Keynote Michael Shellenberger: Why Women are the Breakthrough that Nuclear Needs
- Lunch Speaker: STEM –Education for the Next Generation of Women Nuclear Leaders
- Panel: Inclusion - Indigenous Engagement and Public Confidence
Breakout sessions include:
- Change Starts with U: Inclusion - The Journey Towards Gender Inclusion
- Project CLEANS (Clean up of Abandoned sites in Northern Saskatchewan), a focus on diversity and inclusivity.
- A Lifecycle Perspective on Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Uranium Mining and Milling in Northern Saskatchewan
- Small Modular Reactors and the Future of Nuclear Technology
- Consent and Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Waste Management
- Technical Excellence: Canada’s plan for managing used nuclear fuel
- Nuclear for Everyone
- Technical Ted Talks
Stay tuned for more details.