JOB SUMMARY: This position is an opportunity to directly impact the state of the art as a contributing technical member of a dynamic small business specializing in metal additive manufacturing (AM) products and technologies. The position requires a self-starter with the ambition to tackle difficult technical challenges in a results-oriented collaborative environment. Attention to detail, adherence to safety protocols, personal integrity, and commitment to quality work are a must. A flexible schedule, informal environment, and opportunities to demonstrate and expand technical skills provide a setting for creative, impactful work.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead/support AM applications/engineering tasks to meet product/project objectives
- Representative tasks include development of AM process parameters and system configurations to process specialized materials, AM processing of test coupons and demonstration parts, development of materials technical data, post-processing of AM parts to meet performance specifications, engineering tasks to develop and/or demonstrate new AM technologies, etc.
- Execute engineering design, assembly, testing, and transition planning of prototype advanced systems as needed using design best practices
- Document results in engineering drawings, technical data sheets, project reports, operations manuals, work instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, operating instructions, and security requirements
- Other duties as required to meet project needs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering physics, or related field
- Strong competency in one or more industry CAD solutions (SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, NX, etc.)
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Master’s degree in materials science/engineering or related field
- Experience in laboratory and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience with metal AM systems, engineering drawings, 3D printing, and/or machine design
- Specific skills for project needs (list below): Experience with modification of LPBF systems, using Direct Machining Control software, LPBF processing of aerospace alloys (including In-625/718, Ti6Al4V, and AlSi10Mg), evaluating metallurgical characteristics and material properties of 3D printed samples
Employment Type: Full-time (salary with benefits)
Work Shift: Daytime / office hours
Travel: 5-10% for customer/partner site visits and technical meetings
Physical Requirements: Must have adequate vision, hearing, motor skills, and ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted to support experiments in research/manufacturing setting
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Supervisor: Director of Research & Technology
Desired Start: 1 Apr 2021