JOB SUMMARY: This position is an opportunity to directly impact the state of the art as a contributing technical member of a dynamic small business specializing in metal additive manufacturing (AM) products and technologies. The position requires a self-starter with the ambition to tackle difficult technical challenges in a results-oriented collaborative environment. Attention to detail, adherence to safety protocols, personal integrity, and commitment to quality work are a must. A flexible schedule, informal environment, and opportunities to demonstrate and expand technical skills provide a setting for creative, impactful work.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead/support engineering and analysis tasks to meet product/project objectives
- Representative tasks include designing/developing/testing advanced technologies to monitor and control AM processes, instrumenting AM systems with new/existing sensors, collecting process data and developing analysis algorithms from AM builds, developing feedback control strategies to improve AM build quality, etc.
- Document results in engineering drawings, technical data sheets, project reports, operations manuals, work instructions, etc.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, operating instructions, and security requirements
- Other duties as required to meet project needs
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering physics, or related field
- Experience instrumenting research/manufacturing systems and analyzing resulting data
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field
- Hands-on experience as engineer or technician on electrical systems
- Experience with metal AM systems and laser powder bed fusion process monitoring
- Specific skills for project needs (list below): Experience developing/demonstrating/transitioning AM process monitoring and control solutions in Open Additive’s AMSENSE® hardware/software architecture
Employment Type: Full-time (salary with benefits)
Work Shift: Daytime / office hours
Travel: 5-10% for customer/partner site visits and technical meetings
Physical Requirements: Must have adequate vision, hearing, motor skills, and ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted to support experiments in research/manufacturing setting
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Supervisor: Director of Research & Technology
Desired Start: 1 Apr 2021