‘Special Edition has given me the courage to accept my own ambitions and the belief and determination to actually achieve them. A hugely exciting, genuinely life-changing experience.’
TRCmedia are looking for 7 ambitious and dynamic women from the digital/tech sector in Scotland to take part in this year’s Special Edition - a professional talent development programme that seeks to help women who have the ambition to achieve their full potential and reach the top.
Special Edition is open to women working in commercial creative businesses in the digital sector in Scotland. For guidance, this includes digital design, agencies, games, animation, mobile apps, publishing, augmented/virtual reality, technology and platforms/software.
We welcome applications from ambitious female delegates who will use this exceptional opportunity to progress their professional careers. Applicants should have:
- Significant experience in their field
- Experience in management: leading projects, teams or heading up a department
- The aspiration to reach Director/Board level or run their own business
- Current passport valid for European travel to end of November 2017.
There are 7 places available on this year’s Special Edition. The programme is highly competitive, with selection made on the basis of talent, need and clearly articulated goals. If selected, you are committed to attend ALL of the training sessions and delegation trip dates. There will be preparation required for each workshop and timely completion of the monthly feedback forms is mandatory.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Running from August 2017 to February 2018, the programme offers a dynamic mix of professional development training and creative expertise to help boost your confidence, improve your entrepreneurial skills, expand professional networks and progress your career in digital. The initiative includes formal workshops led by top trainers culminating in an international field trip to digital centres of excellence. Last year our Special Edition delegates travelled to London and Berlin to meet up with CEOs, founders, visionaries and strategists at Google, Playmob, Freeformers, AMVBBDO, doteveryone, Soundcloud, CareerFoundry and Edenspiekermann. This year delegates will be visiting London and Amsterdam.
The Special Edition training sessions and trips dates are:
- Thursday, 24 August: Inspiration for Growth: personal and professional goal setting
- Thursday, 21 September: Action Learning: creative thinking and problem solving
- Thursday, 19 October: Pitching with Confidence: influencing skills & networking
- Tuesday, 7 November – Friday, 10 November: EUROPEAN BUSINESS TRIP - AMSTERDAM
- Thursday, 14 December: Leadersmithing: power and leadership
- Wednesday, 30 January – Friday, 1 February: LONDON BUSINESS TRIP
- Thursday, 12 February (2-5pm): Mapping The Future: mentoring, outcomes and actions
Read more about Special edition and TRCmedia's dedication to tackling the gender gap in Digital and Tech roles here.
Special Edition is heavily subsidised by our partners Channel 4, BBC, Scottish Enterprise and Creative Scotland. Course fee: £250.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 10th July.
Applications will be assessed and a shortlist of candidates will go through to the interview stage. Interviews will be held in Glasgow the week commencing 24 July.
If you have any queries about your application please email email@example.com