About The Scholarship
The Bexar County PA Society (BCPAS) is pleased to offer scholarship awards to PA students in the didactic and clinical phases of their PA Program. Two $1,000 awards will be given to didactic year students and two $1,500 awards will be given to clinical year students.
- Be a BCPAS Student Member.
- Be a graduate of a high school in Bexar County, a graduate of an undergraduate college/university in Bexar County, or be attending a PA school in Bexar County.
- Currently attending an ARC-PA-accredited PA Program in Texas.
- Have successfully completed at least one semester of PA school and be in good academic standing.
- Be enrolled in PA school for the semester the application is given.
- Have not previously received a scholarship from BCPAS.
- Write a 250-500 word essay on why you should be chosen for this scholarship. Topics may include community service, involvement in a Pre-PA Society, future plans after graduation, desire to practice in a primary care setting, and/or unique qualities that you possess that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship.
- Submission of all application materials: Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Notification by email to applicants chosen for scholarship: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Awards will be presented at our Annual CME Conference on Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Awards mailed to recipients by November 30, 2019
Scholarship Application Checklist:
- Meet Eligibility Requirements as outlined above.
- Complete Scholarship Application.
- Complete PA Program Faculty Form.
- Write 250-500 word essay.