COUNCIL RECOMMENDATION FORM - 2022-23
One of the keys to the health and vitality of St. Andrew’s congregation is the people who volunteer to lead and guide St. Andrew’s mission by serving on the Church Council.
As directed by the congregation’s constitution, we are seeking recommendations from the congregation to fill ONE open position on the Council. The congregation seeks council leadership with passion for St. Andrew's mission and vision and a variety of skills and experience: business development, finance, strategic thinking, long-range planning, experience in a boardroom, diversity and inclusion, leadership in non-profits or community service providers.
Council members are elected to a 3-year term beginning in November, and may serve two consecutive terms before retiring from the Council.
The Council generally meets monthly on the second or third Thursday of the month at 7pm. There is one weekend Council retreat each year.
Guidelines for possible candidates as described in the constitution are:
1. An active member of the congregation for more than one year (1Timothy 3:6)
2. Attends worship regularly (Acts 2:42)
3. Generously supports the congregation financially according to his or her means (2 Corinthians 8:12)
4. Prayerfully supports the mission, staff and pastors of the congregation (Ephesians 6:18-20)
5. Is aware that the role of the Council member is one of general oversight and policy issues, while staff is responsible for managing programs and ministries (1 Corinthians 12:4-8)
6. Will make council meetings a priority on his or her schedule (2 Corinthians 8:10-12)