The Florida Network of Children's Advocacy Centers is pleased to announce that we are now accepting workshop proposals for the 2019 Krimes Against Kids Conference. The conference will take place August 7th-9th, 2019 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
This year's conference will once again focus on topics related to child abuse treatment, investigations, advocacy, prevention and awareness.
The 2019 Conference Committee encourages presenters to submit workshop proposals from individuals in the field who have expertise to share with others. All workshop topics related to child abuse will be considered. The Committee is especially interested in workshops that address the following topics:
- Child Abuse Investigation Techniques for Law Enforcement
- Prosecution Strategies for Child Abuse Cases
- Child Abuse Case Studies
- Innovative Prevention Campaigns
- Forensic Interviewing
- Therapeutic Techniques
- Awareness Efforts
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Serving Child Abuse Victims
- Trauma Informed Practices
- Cyber Crimes Against Children
- Child Advocacy Center Best Practices
- Case Management
- Leadership Skill Development for CAC Staff
- Child Abuse in the Context of Domestic Violence
- Child Abuse in the Context of Sexual Violence
- Child Sex Trafficking
- Child Neglect and Abandonment
Workshop presenters will be eligible for a travel stipend and free registration for the conference. Completed workshop proposals are due by 5:00 EST on Thursday, January 31st, 2019. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for inclusion in the conference. Topic selections will be made by the Conference Committee during the week of February 25th, 2019. Presenter notifications will be made March 6-8, 2019.
In order to successfully submit a workshop proposal you will need the following information in its entirety:
- Contact information for each presenter
- Brief presenter biography (one for each presenter)
- Three workshop objectives
- Workshop abstract
- Full workshop outline
- Bibliography (minimum of 3 references with publication dates within the last 5 years)
- Resume/CV for each presenter
Workshop proposals should be structured to fit a 90 minute timeframe.