TidalHealth is now offering scholarships opportunities to current college students who are pursuing careers in healthcare. Applicants are evaluated based on the criteria in this application and compete on the below criteria for a limited number of TidalHealth scholarships awarded annually:
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Respiratory Therapist
- Echo Sonography
- Physical Medicine (PT; PTA; OT; OTA; Speech)
- Social Work
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Laboratory Technicians and Technologists
- Imaging Technicians (Radiological, MRI, CT, Cardiovascular Technology)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Surgical Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Clinical Dietitian
- Exercise Physiologist
Academic Merit Scoring Criteria:
Academic Achievement: 30 points
Essay: 25 points
Extracurricular activities, both school-related and community service: 25 points
Two recommendation letters: 10 points (5 points each)
Previously volunteered at TidalHealth: 10 points
- Current college student pursuing a healthcare career who agrees to work for TidalHealth for 1-2 years after graduating depending on the amount awarded to the student.
- Student must be accepted into an eligible healthcare-related program at an accredited college or university
- Academic achievement in alignment with school requirements
- Completion of a 100-word or more essay on the following topic: “Describe what area of healthcare you are interested in and why.” The submitted essay must be typed in double spaced Times New Roman 12-point Scholarship Committee scores on the following: directions, grammar, essay structure, analytical skills, conclusions drawn and the “Why” part of the essay
- Submit two (2) letters of reference from teachers, counselors, principal or community member who can attest to the student’s desire to learn and likelihood to excel in the chosen course of study
- Student must commit to work while learning to 24 hours a month at any TidalHealth location.
- Must commit to being a TidalHealth employee for a commitment of 1 year for up to $6,000 repayment of loan or 2 years for up to a $12,000 repayment of loan.
- The team member must be in a minimum standby status and must have satisfactorily completed the four month introductory period to be eligible for this program.
You will need to submit the following through the links in this application:
This application and all application materials listed above must be received in order for a scholarship to be awarded.